Our brand is rapidly growing and it’s time to add to our Customer Success Team! We are looking for an enthusiastic Payroll Specialist who fits with our company culture and is excited to learn and manage accounting services every day!
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for administering the weekly and bi-weekly payroll for all employees and its affiliates, including but not limited to payroll maintenance, tax filings, and garnishment management. Other duties include management of employment verifications, reporting needs for the Company, and unemployment claim management.
This position provides support on various employee payroll related activities and ensures compliance with all State and Federal Regulations. The Payroll Specialist will collaborate with the Senior Payroll Administrator to ensure proper deductions are taken from employee’s payroll.
- Ensure the accurate processing of weekly, bi-weekly and supplemental payroll; inclusive of special funding requests, tax submissions, auditing timesheet data, reviewing computations, and calculating retroactive pay.
- Enter all payroll system changes inclusive of salary adjustments, deduction changes, withholding changes, tax levies and garnishments.
- Manage the timely and accurate submittal of union employee processing (status changes, health and welfare, pension, 401k, fees and payments) to unions using the 32BJ’s ESS system.
- Conduct payroll reconciliations and troubleshoot payroll system issues.
- Liaise with managers, employees, and auditors to respond to payroll related inquiries; resolving routine issues and escalating complex items to appropriate person/department.
- Review CTS tax files to ensure accuracy before providing approval to Ceridian to file taxes.
- Partner with HR Benefits leader to effectively administer, track, and process disability pay.
- Prepare and submit supplemental tax files for third party sick pay/disability payments.
- Receive, sort, and respond to Company payroll related correspondence.
- Support with all monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc reporting needs of the department.
- Complete requests for verification of employment.
- Respond to company-wide unemployment claims.
- Ensure compliance with all union contracts as well as federal, state, and city tax requirements.
- Support with the quarterly and year-end tax filings for W2’s and 941 reporting.
- Stay current on all federal, state, and city tax requirements and payroll related laws.
- Review and respond swiftly and accurately to all tax inquires, correspondence and notices.
- Maintain and update all electronic payroll files.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum three (3+) years related payroll administration experience
- CPP Certification desired
- Experience with Dayforce HRIS system required
- Knowledge of Federal and multi-State tax filing requirements required
- Experience with unions, preferably Local 32BJ Union a plus
- Must be organized, accurate, and detail oriented with the ability to independently and simultaneously prioritize multiple tasks while working under pressure to meet deadlines; not losing sight of goals.
- Demonstrate strong customer service skills; including follow up on pending matters,
- Ability to work independently, think critically, communicate considerations and recommendations concisely.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively simplify policies and regulations.
- Ability to assess customer service issues, determine proper course of action and respond rapidly to requests.
- Flexible and capable of standing firm on his/her convictions with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Sound judgement and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential data.
- Knowledge of all pertinent Federal and State regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending regarding Employment Law.
- Proficiency and technical aptitude with MS Word, Excel and HRIS Payroll systems.
- Tax: 3 years (Required)
- Dayforce: 1 year (Required)
- Payroll Processing: 3 years (Required)
- Reporting: 3 years (Required)
ARDEM has been around for almost 2 decades and is experiencing rapid growth and working for many notable large companies. We provide specialized “boutique” outsourcing and business automation solutions in the US and abroad. Companies come to us when they are looking for a true partner to help them grow for long term capacity. In each person we add to our customer success team- we are looking for them to help us provide our clients with the white glove service they desire.
Each solution we provide our clients with is unique. This means, you will always be faced with new challenges and exciting opportunities to grow your knowledge in various industries.
Join the ARDEM Family
Looking for a different job position? We are looking for many talented individuals with a variety of skills looking to grow.
Accounts Payable Lead
The AP Supervisor provides support for hiring, training and supervising AP Associates and processing vendor invoices and payments.
Accounting Project Manager
Credit Accounts Receivable Lead
The Credit & AR Supervisor will manage account collections, review aging reports, and credit limits and supervise the Accounts Receivable team.