ARDEM was contacted by a utility tracking and energy benchmarking company to help them optimize data processing from incoming utility bills. The task at hand was to process data from over 11,000 utility bills and provide advanced analytics for smarter decision-making.
In order to help their client base achieve optimized utility usage benchmarks, the client required efficient and timely data processing from the incoming utility bills with access to a repository where one could track metrics over a period of time. This entire process consisted of the following requirements:
- Data had to be extracted from incoming utility bills in real-time.
- This data next had to be entered directly into the client’s system.
- Our team would then log into the client’s system to work on different accounts to add the data points for different meters.
After much study and evaluation, ARDEM proposed the following solution:The data will be extracted from utility bills and entered directly into the client’s system.
- After logging into the client’s system we will work on different accounts to add the data points for different meters.
- Each analyst logs into the client’s system and will be assigned accounts to extract and enter data. All assignments are prioritized from oldest to newest.
- The amount of data available for each meter will vary (could be a few months, could be a year).When adding data points, there are 10 specific fields that will be extracted along with a screenshot of the data points as a backup.